Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sarah's Salad

I was craving this salad for a while so luckily I was assigned to bring a salad to my nephew Ben's blessing today! I knew just what I wanted to do, AND I already had the precooked bacon from the wraps over the weekend :) This recipe was taken from the Nelson Family Cookbook.

1 head iceberg lettuce
3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
5 oz frozen peas
1/4 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
2/3 c chopped green onion
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup miracle whip

Wash and drain lettuce. DRY THOUROUGHLY. Run hot water over frozen peas and drain. Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces into salad bowl. Sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper. Add peas, cheese, onion, mayonnaise and miracle whip in layers. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight. Toss when ready to serve and garnish with bacon. Serves 8

No comments:

Post a Comment